Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The newest edition to our family!


YAYY!!!! On Friday, Derek and his cousin Shelley drove down to Utah just past Salt Lake and bought a new car!!! It's a sexy little thing if i do say so myself! We sold my Chevy Cavalier, and we now have a Volkswagen Jetta!! We really just wanted a 4 door, and my chevy was acting like it wanted to poop out, soooo... lucky us, we found this car! It's a stick shift, so that has been a lot of fun learning how to drive it. hahaha oh man, Friday night, I was on a hill and had a melt down b/c there was a car behind me and i didn't want to roll backwards into the car behind me. I had a tramatic experience driving a stick shift on my own when i was 15, and I'd rather not talk about it, b/c i don't think it's really necessary to embarrass myself on my own blog. Anyways, it's been hilarious learning! It kind of reminds me of the movie The Notebook when Noah is teaching Ali how to drive a stick. Yes... never a dull moment at our house and I absolutely love it!! I will say I am doing much better with driving a standard, and all is well!! Yay for new cars, yay for Shelley driving Derek to Utah, yay for Derek buying the car, and yay to the man who sold us the car!!

3 comments:

  1. What a nice addition to the family!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I saw you blog and thought it had to be you! I added it to mine so I can follow it. tell Derek thanks again for the help....we are a sad little family right now, so his help was a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this is Derek's cousin, tell him I say hello and that you guys need to add our blog to your list! you two look so happy! We had a good time with Grandma and Bonnie when they came down for Josh's farewell.

    ReplyDelete