When is your "engagement" anniversary:
April 26, 2008
2. When is your "marriage" anniversary:
Aug. 15, 2008
3. How long have you known your spouse:
Just under 5 years. Technically though, we met each other when we were about 8 years old playing night games, but we didn't "really" get to know each other back then.
4. How long did you date/court before you were engaged:
2 1/2 years.
5. Where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
The VERY first time was playing night games in my backyard, we met again at ballroom nationals in Provo.
6. What is your spouse's full name:
Derek Ray Dawson :)
7. Do you have any children:
8. How many - boys/girls:
9. Do you have any house pets:
No.... we have allergies, and we also don't want to pay the extra fee at our apt.
11. Do you live in the country or town/city:
City, we found out that we're more of the country folk though haha.
12. What are some of your favorite activities together:
Dancing, boating, 4 wheeling, cuddling, movie watching, hiking, game playing and traveling.
13. Do you have a favorite vacation spot:
Umm.. we liked traveling to Arizona before we moved here, but we would like to travel to some place with a beach.
14. When did you first kiss?
Exactly a week after our first date.
15. What church do you attend?
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!
16. Did you get married in a church? Where?
The Idaho Falls Temple
17. What town is your current address at:
18. Do you work or stay at home:
I work.... way too much!!
19. Where did you go on your honeymoon:
Salt Lake City
20.What was the funniest gift you gave when dating?
While we were on ballroom tour, one of the teachers talked Derek into buying me a ring with his name on it. haha
21.How long have you been together?
4 1/2 years
22. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
7 years when we first met, 8 months from the second time we met, and 3 months after we were ballroom partners and really started to get to know each other.
23. Who asked who out?
Derek's cousin (which is my good friend) actually invited us both to go to the haunted house, but after that, Derek got my number and asked me out.
25.Where do you each work or go to school?
I work at Physicians Physical Therapy, and Derek works at SCP. We both go to Chandler Gilbert Community College.
26. Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Umm... that is a tough one, I'm not sure.
27. Did you go to the same school?
Nope... our schools were rivals.
28. Are you from the same home town?
29. Who is smarter?
Derek, but we both have our own subjects we are good at.
30. Who is more sensitive?
I am.... I'm a little softy
31.Where do you eat out most as a couple?
32. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
33.Who has the craziest exes?!
34. What is something that first attracted you about him/her?
Tall, dark, handsome and a dancer.
35. Who does the cooking?
Both of us
36. Who is more social?
37. Who is the neat-freak?
38. Who is more stubborn?
39. Who hogs the bed?
That would be me.... poor Derek!
40. Who wakes up earlier?
Derek is my early bird
41. Where was your first date?
The Haunted Mill.... it was a good reason to hold his hand :)
42.Who had more boyfriends/girlfriends?
43. Do you get flowers often?
Nah, I'm not too big on that..
44. How do you spend the holidays?
Together and with the rest of our family. I am all for family traditions!
45. Who is more jealous?
That would be me
46. How long did it take to get serious?
Umm... we became exclusive a month after our first date. We had our little break ups but we always knew that we were supposed to be together. It honestly didn't take long at all to get serious.
47. Who eats more?
Well this is a toss up. I eat a lot consistently... BUT, Derek goes through phases where he could eat our whole fridge! So he fluctuates.
48. Who does the laundry?
We both do. I am usually the designated folder though. Folding laundry is a chore that I really don't mind.
49. Who’s better with the computer?
50. Leave a piece of advice for the other couples:
-Don't go to bed mad.
-Don't hold things in. Let it all out and talk about it.
-Look forward in your marriage.
-If you're religious.... keep it as the focus in your marriage. Pray together, read scriptures together, and stay strong together.
Be Present Service Challenge - Week 6
1 month ago