Hey Ya'll, hope you're doing well!! Derek and I are back in school for spring semester... and we already have 2 tests on the second week of school. Good times!! I came into this semester pretty nervous because of difficult classes I am registered for, the fact that I am taking 17 credits, and the fact that it is my last semester so I seem to have checked out somewhat already. Well if there is one thing that I've learned this week is to just laugh through it all!! Life it hard, school is hard, no one is perfect and all that we can do is our best!! Derek and I have been hanging out with Mark and Heather Buys this semester, and we are SOO grateful for their friendship. The first time that we hung out, ALL of our deep secrets just blurted out to each other. It's amazing how easy it is to get along with certain people and how much you can find in common with one another. We laughed, we shared testimonies, and we laughed some more. Derek and I laugh non stop with them, and they are great examples to us. We are so grateful for their friendship, and for the fact that they taught us to laugh through life. I hope we can all remember to spread our cheer to others because you never know what someone is dealing with. Surround yourself with positive people who are good examples, and always remember to put others before your self. Keys to a successful and happy life!!!! I dare you to smile at strangers, laugh through difficult times, and give up your time to help those who are suffering or are in need of help!! I am so grateful for all that I have been blessed with. I have a wonderful husband, I am fortunate enough to receive an education, I have great friends, a wonderful family, and I am lucky enough to have such great in laws and fun sister in laws that I can talk and relate to. I am grateful for all of you blogging buddies that I have, and I admire so many of you!! I hope you have a fun weekend and remember to laugh! :)
Yay!!! I made it through another semester!!! I finished my last final today and I think it went really well!! I really enjoyed this semester, and it was 1oX better than last semester!! Since the semester is coming to a close I thought I would recap on some of the things that I went through.
- I did my intern this semester and LOVED every second of it!! I worked at a Physical/Speech/Occupation/Pediatric Therapy clinic. It was such a blessing going to my intern 2 days a week and seeing everyone at work. Everyone was so gracious and kind to me, and it was a humbling experience working with people who's bodies are injured and improperly functioning. I was offered a job out of all the other interns and I was sooo thrilled. Unfortunately I couldn't make my schedule work next semester to take the job offer, but they are trying to hire me in July when I graduate, so cross your fingers that it all works out!!!
- I took a dance history class... and LOVED it!! I learned how much I don't know about dance, and it was a way fun class!
- I judged my first dance competition last weekend. It was so much fun and I was so grateful for the opportunity. The hardest part about it was the dance off. I had to go give little girls medals and tell them to sit down until we finally picked a winner who got a trophy. I felt like a jerk when I would hear the audience aah in sadness when I approached their daughter and gave them a medal. Other than that part, it was an awesome opportunity and I had a blast. I even made a new facebook friend out of it. (One of the other judges, which is my sister in law's friend).
- I performed with my contemporary dance team Aspire. After all of our hard work for the year we performed for our families and friends. It was bitter sweet and I was so blessed to be a member of the company. It was a TOTALLY new experience for me, especially because the style was oober modern. For those of you who know me... know that modern is NOT my thing. But I overcame it and I learned a great deal. I have a fonder appreciation for modern dance and the art of dance in and of itself.
- I took my first Microbiology class. It was hard, and I am now germaphobe from it... but I endured to the end and learned a lot!
- My favorite class this semester was Kinesiology. That class is incredible!! If BYU-Idaho had that major, that would definitely be mine! I love learning about the muscles and how the body moves. My teacher came up to me after class one day and told me that I had my head on my shoulders and would do well out in the real world after I graduate. I was so grateful for an encouraging teacher who went out of his way to help me along my way.
- I survived finals week!
- I met new friends and enjoyed getting to know new people from my class.
- I came out of this semester a better person with more light and knowledge, and I have been able to help family members with injuries just from taking Kinesiology and from my intern with the Physical Therapists.
-I applied for graduation!
- I registered for my last semester at BYU-Idaho!
- One of my best friends gets married tomorrow at the close of my semester!
I would say that I definitely had a fulfilling, challenging, and uplifting semester! I am so grateful for the opportunity to receive and education. I especially am grateful that I am receiving it at BYU-Idaho. I have grown spiritually and mentally. Here's to the weekend, passing my classes, and learning a great deal more from this semester!! I am officially a Senior and I will be graduating this July!!! Can't wait to see what is to come in my future!