Tuesday, August 11, 2009

NEW JOB=STRESS!

Well.... now that we have been back in Arizona, things just seem to be pretty crazy!! We got home, and I had 2 more interviews. I got hired on the spot at one job, and then a few hours later the other office called and hired me. I took the job that hired me on the spot b/c they seemed to be more reliable. They didn't pay as much, but they didn't suck at communication quite as much as the other office.
I now work as a Physical Therapy Tech at Physicians Physical Therapy here in Chandler AZ Monday Wed and Fri, and I work at the Mesa clinic Tuesdays and Thursdays. So far... it has been VERY hard! haha. I work with some therapists who are very intimidating and act very superior. They are impatient about training, they are hard to ask questions, and it sucks being the new guy. This job has been such a challenge b/c it is so much knowledge to obtain!! I get a run down on Anat and Phys every day, but I honestly know that this job is going to be so great for me in the long run!! I have already learned so much, and I feel like I'm turning into a toughy slowly but surely haha. THe whole system is run by computers, so it sucks having to pull all of the patient's programs and notes up by the computer. It's really hard learning the Physical Therapy lingo, and figuring out how each therapist abbreviates it differently than the others. I am working for 3 different Therapists and they all work very differently. I then have to figure out what the exercises are by deciding how the therapist abbreviates, and show the patient the correct way to do the exercise. I have to spot them and make sure they are doing it correctly and I run them through each routine. I then have to set them up to the e-stim, ICC, High Pulse, or Ultra Sound, and then at times I set them up on ice, or heat packs. Sometimes I have to print out home programs for the patients through the computer... and for some reason, I am still very lost on this part! haha. I keep up the cleanliness of the office, fold and do laundry, santize the beds, and much more! This job is basically all of the duties that a Physical Therapy Assistant performs, minus a few details. It also sucks b/c I don't have the schooling so it is very hard to catch on to all of the medical terminology and information I must obtain. I know that I will get it... but it will take a while. All that I can do is to try my hardest! I really am learning a lot, and I am so thankful for this oppurtunity! I hope that things start to look up, and that I can start to feel comfortable with what I am doing!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on all the job offers, and especially on the ones you landed. I hope you and Derk are enjoying the heat, and I will be thinking about you during our first snowfall! :}

    ReplyDelete