Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Update


Well, I'm not gonna lie, not too much is new on our end of things. We are both working full time and going to school part time. We are super busy and we don't have a whole lot more going on for us.
But you know what? For this I am grateful. I am grateful that we are not struggling right now. No one is sick or hurt. There is no drama, and there is no bad news or something completely out of the ordinary to share with you guys. I am so grateful for Derek and for all of his hard work that he does for us!! He is amazing, and I love him to pieces!!!
2 weeks ago we went to a little tiny town called Eagar which is about 20 min from the New Mexico border. We went with our friends Tim and Tori to visit their families and play in the snow! I wish we would have taken pictures the day we pulled each other on sleds behind the Artic Cat b/c that was so much fun!!! Haha while I was being pulled on the sled, a giant obese dog tackled me and and pushed me off of my sled and then started humping me! HAHA it was out of control and I couldn't get this massive dog off of me!! Tim had to tackle the dog to the ground for me and then he pulled the dog inside so that he wouldn't take advantage of me again. Hahaha that dog was out of control but it definately made for some good laughs over the trip. Tori had her baby shower so the girls went to that while the guys went out coyote hunting. Too bad they got stuck in the mud for 2 hours and didn't even get to hunt but they still came back with great stories to share! It was so relaxing just sitting around the fireplace every night laughing and telling stories, and staying up late playing games. We are so grateful for Tim and Tori, and we are sure going to miss them because they are moving to California this week! :( Here are some pictures that we took on the way home. These pictures were all taken at the Salt River Canyon.
Timmy!!!

I guess I never really stop dancing....

Lovers

Right before we left to come back home

Raylon had a birthday last week!!! We went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner last Thursday night to have a birthday party for Raylon, and a goodbye party for my mother-in-law. She has been down here for 2 months staying with my sister-in-law who is prego. She has been super sick so my mother in law came down to help her out!! It was fun to have my mother in law down here and we will sure miss her!!
On Saturday night Raylon threw a big ol' birthday party!! We went to his friend's house and hired a d.j. We had a fun time dancing and pigging out with a bunch of friends!! It was definately a great night! Love and miss you all!! Hope everything is going well for you!!

3 comments:

  1. The dog thing is so funny..... You are so cute. I am so glad you guys are doing so good. You are like my own kiddos. I know Ryan and Syd miss you tons. You guys are lucky to be buddies. Tell Derk Hi for me and give him a hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! I could totally picture you with that dog. You make me laugh. So good to hear that everything is going well, and that you were able to relax, even if it was just for a short while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K the whole dog thing is hilarious! I would have been laughing so hard! I am so excited for you guys to be closer! Enjoy your warm winter while you can :-)

    ReplyDelete