Thursday, April 5, 2012

Recap of the Semester

Yay!!! I made it through another semester!!! I finished my last final today and I think it went really well!! I really enjoyed this semester, and it was 1oX better than last semester!! Since the semester is coming to a close I thought I would recap on some of the things that I went through.
- I did my intern this semester and LOVED every second of it!! I worked at a Physical/Speech/Occupation/Pediatric Therapy clinic. It was such a blessing going to my intern 2 days a week and seeing everyone at work. Everyone was so gracious and kind to me, and it was a humbling experience working with people who's bodies are injured and improperly functioning. I was offered a job out of all the other interns and I was sooo thrilled. Unfortunately I couldn't make my schedule work next semester to take the job offer, but they are trying to hire me in July when I graduate, so cross your fingers that it all works out!!!
- I took a dance history class... and LOVED it!! I learned how much I don't know about dance, and it was a way fun class!
- I judged my first dance competition last weekend. It was so much fun and I was so grateful for the opportunity. The hardest part about it was the dance off. I had to go give little girls medals and tell them to sit down until we finally picked a winner who got a trophy. I felt like a jerk when I would hear the audience aah in sadness when I approached their daughter and gave them a medal. Other than that part, it was an awesome opportunity and I had a blast. I even made a new facebook friend out of it. (One of the other judges, which is my sister in law's friend).
- I performed with my contemporary dance team Aspire. After all of our hard work for the year we performed for our families and friends. It was bitter sweet and I was so blessed to be a member of the company. It was a TOTALLY new experience for me, especially because the style was oober modern. For those of you who know me... know that modern is NOT my thing. But I overcame it and I learned a great deal. I have a fonder appreciation for modern dance and the art of dance in and of itself.
- I took my first Microbiology class. It was hard, and I am now germaphobe from it... but I endured to the end and learned a lot!
- My favorite class this semester was Kinesiology. That class is incredible!! If BYU-Idaho had that major, that would definitely be mine! I love learning about the muscles and how the body moves. My teacher came up to me after class one day and told me that I had my head on my shoulders and would do well out in the real world after I graduate. I was so grateful for an encouraging teacher who went out of his way to help me along my way.
- I survived finals week!
- I met new friends and enjoyed getting to know new people from my class.
- I came out of this semester a better person with more light and knowledge, and I have been able to help family members with injuries just from taking Kinesiology and from my intern with the Physical Therapists.
-I applied for graduation!
- I registered for my last semester at BYU-Idaho!
- One of my best friends gets married tomorrow at the close of my semester!

I would say that I definitely had a fulfilling, challenging, and uplifting semester! I am so grateful for the opportunity to receive and education. I especially am grateful that I am receiving it at BYU-Idaho. I have grown spiritually and mentally. Here's to the weekend, passing my classes, and learning a great deal more from this semester!! I am officially a Senior and I will be graduating this July!!! Can't wait to see what is to come in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment