Saturday, October 27, 2012

It's a......


BOY!!!!!

   Derek and I are sooo happy to announce that the new addition joining our family will be a sweet baby boy!!!!  During the ultrasound our little boy would NOT hold still.  That may have to do with the fact that I had just fed him Captain Crunch, so he may have been on a sugar high!!  
   
  Thursday October 25, we woke up to about 6 inches of snow on the ground.  Derek and I hurried to get ready in order to make it to the appointment on time, because we knew the roads would be bad.  The further north we drove to get to Rexburg, the worse the roads were.  We saw about 5 slide offs by 8:30 in the morning.  I found out that I have gained 11 pounds since the beginning of my pregnancy, and everything looks great!!  Our doctor knew immediately what the gender as soon as he put the ultrasound wand on my belly.  Derek and I both guessed it was a girl because we couldn't see anything between the legs.  Our doctor just smiled and said.... "Well that's because he has his legs together and he is turned away from us."  I very loudly said, "It's a BOY!?!?!"  And the Dr. smiled and nodded.  We were so excited!!  
   
  It was hilarious b/c as soon as he went to show us that it was a boy he turned away from us, put his legs together, and he put his hands up so he was covering his face.  Our Doctor laughed and told us, he is definitely a boy since he is already hiding from the camera.  Probably a very true statement.
      
 I am excited to play sports and be active with this little squirt.  I'm excited to see what he looks like and what his little personality is like.  I'm excited to have a mini Derek running around, for some reason that brings a lot of comfort to me!!  Derek and I both went into the ultrasound in girl mode for some reason, so we are trying to get out of that mode and into boy mode!!  Derek is excited to take him camping, motorbiking, and hunting with him.

   On Thursday night we made a cake with blue in it, and we showed the DVD of the ultrasound that the Dr gave us to my family.  My sister in law is an ultrasound tech so she knew exactly what it was as soon as the DVD started.  Derek and I both accidentally slipped out "he" while we were watching it so my mom and brother caught on that it was a boy!!  My sister in law showed us the proof that it was a boy about 4 different times.  We had a lot of fun watching the DVD, talking about boy names, baby items, and eating cake and German pancakes.

    I am so blessed to have this sweet little baby boy coming into my life in just a short amount of time.  Today I am 20 weeks so I am exactly half way done, I can't even believe!!! Yay for boys, and yay for our family!! So excited!

Waiting for our Ultrasound to begin!
  
Can't wait to meet baby boy Dawson!!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously so excited to have a new nephew! You guys will be the funniest parents ever!

    ReplyDelete