Friday, July 30, 2010

I got a job!!!!

WOOHOO!!! FINALLY!! Remember my last post when I mentioned I had an interview? Well.... this is the same job that I just got less then an hour ago! To be honest..... the way things were going with this job... I really didn't want to get it. They told me they wanted a second interview with me. They called me, made me come in from Rigby for a 2nd interview, only to tell me that they wanted me to come in 1 more time for a business interview. Well first off, I was a little irritated why they couldn't have just told me about the business interview over the phone rather than having me drive in from Rigby to sit there for 5 minutes and turn around and drive back. Also... what's the point in a business interview? They said they wanted me to come in during the busiest hours of the day and week, and throw me in and see how I do. Honestly... who would do a good job given the circumstance?

So today they called me in for 2 hours. To be honest..... throwing me in like this scared me away more then made me want the job. They gave me a computer and said ask us if you have any questions.... Are you serious? So basically I played around a little bit and asked how to schedule. Well girls kept coming up and needing my computer, so I just stood up and got out of the way. Finally the manager brought me a chair and just told me to follow one girl around for the rest of the day. This girl was 9 months pregnant, she was due in a week, and it was her last day. I felt bad they just dumped me on her like that. She was completely scattered brained, she didn't want to be there, and she honestly didn't train me much at all. Some of the front girls started dumping their work on me that they didn't want to do. So I filed for them, and I called clients and told them about a promotion for their members. Needless to say I was hung up on and left countless messages. Next I got to watch their "best seller" try and make a sale. Well... let's just say the person she tried to sell to kinda dumped her on her face and didn't let her get 2 words in. Yeah..... that made me super excited about selling let me tell you!!!

Well after this ridiculous day the manager and owner called me into their office and gave me the job. By this point I was seriously wanting to go home and never come back... but let's face it, I need a job desperately!!! I took the job and acted thrilled!

Don't get me wrong... I am SOOO grateful for this oppurtunity!! Haha but.... a business interview was probably the biggest mistake they could have made for a prospective employee. I just hope and pray that once I have proper training I will love the job and won't be so overwhelmed. I hope that I can feel comfortable and catch on quickly to what my responsibilities will include!!! I look forward to learning a great deal through this experience and meeting new people along the way!!! Wish me luck people b/c I am super overwhelmed right now!! haha I need all the help I can get!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new job... I hope it turns out better than it sounds :) Good Luck! ~Joy

    ReplyDelete