Monday, August 30, 2010

Changes

Woohoo!!! Finally!! We are in our own little home again. At first I didn't think I would like the location very much, but it turns out I actually really enjoy it. The location is really convienent to get anywhere really in Idaho Falls. It's pretty much in the middle of town. Takes about 5 minutes to get to wherever we're going it feels like. We are all unpacked and we're settling in nicely into our new place. It's been fun having family and friends over to visit with us. Derek's brother Raylon lived with us while we were living in Arizona, so at first it was almost weird to have it just Derek and I again. Not going to lie.... but I LOVE it! It's so fun just the 2 of us. We have our own schedule and we can do whatever we want whenever we want so it's been fun. I need to take some pictures of the inside, but here are some pictures of the outside of our little home.


Here is a picture of the front of our house.

Here's the back view of the house.


The weather is changing, and we only have 1 more day of August. I can't believe how FAST the summer flew right past me! I'm still not completely sure how I feel about the weather changing. 1 year in Arizona may have converted me to warm weather for life. I will admit though, that I do love the seasons, and while we were in Arizona I sure did miss seeing the seasons change right before my eyes. Hopefully I can find a way to stay warm so I can enjoy this Idaho weather.

We had an awesome summer filled with fun family memories. Camping, huckleberry picking, Lagoon, barbecues, fun days at the park, Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, jet skiing, boating, 4th of July parade and fireworks, summer evening walks, MOVING, game nights, starting a new job, lots of house projects (not only for our house, but helping others), lots of laughing, and being surrounded by the people I love!


I hate to say it but most of the pictures from this summer are on Derek's phone, and Derek is at my Grandma's doing yard work for her. Hopefully I can update some of those fun pictures, but in the mean time, here are a few I have from my phone. Enjoy!!!

This is my very attractive get up while huckleyberry picking! While already in Rigby visiting family, Derek remembered that we were invited to go pick huckleberries. I was in shorts and flip flops, and it had just finished raining. Luckily, Derek had an extra pair of tennis shoes, and Thayne had a sweater for me. I look really good in men's oversized clothing. :)


Big Moving Day!!

Sitting around the campfire while camping! :) I love this boy!!


Yellowstone with my family and Julia's friend Holly.


My little monkey Taysia at my nephew's wedding. I love this little sweetie!

The Dawson crew at Lagoon.

Derek and I jet skiing. I LOVE this picture! Judy Pasley took this picture, she does an AMAZING job!! If any of you need any photos.... she's the woman! :)

2 comments:

  1. Home sweet home! Congrats! I have some pics of you guys jet skiing. What is your email and I will send you some. Oh and derk saved Jerry's back! He would still be laying sod. We appreciate him so much. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, we're excited to be in our new home! My email addy is mdawson08@live.com. I'm excited to see more pictures, you always do such an amazing job! Haha Derek enjoyed helping. He is such a hard little worker, it is amazing!! We love you guys too!

    ReplyDelete