Monday, March 18, 2013

Big News!!


Well.. I have some good news!! First of all, the baby flipped on his own at 37 weeks.  I worked a 10 hour day and I was having a lot of contractions that night.  I went home and laid on the couch and I felt a ton of pressure (which I now know was his head pushing while flipping), and I felt a lot of sharp pains down under (which I now know was his head pushing down).  I went to the Dr the next day and we took an ultrasound to make sure he flipped.  Sure enough that cute little boy had flipped!! No scheduled C-section for me!! YAY!
I am currently 40 weeks and 2 days pregnant.  I am not progressing at all which is a bummer.  I've been 90% effaced and dilated at a 1 for a couple of weeks now.  We decided to give it a week and schedule an induction on Saturday.  Today at work I got a call from Labor and Delivery saying that they had an opening for Wednesday and asked if I could get induced early.  I told them YES!!  Well... I got another call about an hour or 2 ago saying that they want to get me in in the morning!!!  I am freaking out!!!  Labor terrifies me, and I'm especially nervous b/c my body isn't progressing on it's own and I have to rely on medicine to bring this baby into the world.  I am so nervous, and slightly in shock!!  It all happened so quickly!!  I pray that labor will go well and we will have no scares!! I pray that this sweet baby boy will have good health and strength.  I don't usually do this, but any sort of prayers and thoughts would be deeply appreciated at this time!!! Thanks so much everyone!  Ready or not here he comes!!

39 weeks and 2 days

40 weeks and 1 day

3 comments:

  1. Yaaay! Can't wait. You guys will be adorable parents. You'll rock the whole labor thing no worries! :) Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and prayers. We will be anxiously waiting. Tell Derk to keep us posted on FB. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Mary! Praying for you and your boys!!

    ReplyDelete