Thursday, September 9, 2010

Count your blessings

Have you ever been in one of those slumps? For instance.... starting a new job, moving into a new house, into a new ward, and just feeling the weight of the world on your shoulders? Have I ever mentioned that I don't handle change well? Welp.... I'm mentioning it now.... I don't handle change well. Have you ever held something in that's bothering you for a long period of time? Well I'm telling you now.... I am guilty of doing this. I know that change may not be that difficult for some of you so I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm having a little pity party. Change is fun, and an adventure yes.... but there's something about that unfamiliar feeling that makes your stomach churn. When my stomach churns, bad things happen.
My new job as simple and as relaxing as it may seem..... IS STRESSFUL!! There is so much drama that goes on behind the scenes it's ridiculous!! I am so hard on myself at work and I come home and have a hard time leaving it all at work. Rather, I bring my work home with me. On Sunday I finally gave up. I burst into tears and let out EVERYTHING out that had been bothering me for the past 2 weeks. Of course Derek came to my rescue and assured me that I was being silly and was being too hard on myself. At that moment I realized it doesn't matter what the heck is going on in my life. I have Derek no matter what!! He will be with me for the REST of eternity. He is my familiarity, and that will NEVER change in my life!
I love Derek with everything I have!!! He is my whole life, and I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have him. It is so crazy how perfect we are for each other. We were made for each other, and I never imagined I would marry someone so INCREDIBLE!!!
I love stepping back from life and realizing ALL that I have. I am so truly blessed, and I have everything I could ever ask for in life!! I am so grateful for my family, and friends, and I'm grateful for their health and safety.
Sad things happen to people everyday, and I wish I could take it all away from them!! When life gets you down blogging friends.... take a step back and realize what you have. Don't let the weight of the world get you down!! Hold your head up and count your many blessings!!

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to let it all out! I think I try too hard to do everything, and be just fine, but the more I try, the more everything just falls apart! You do have a good man! So do I! Thank goodness for that! Some days, that is all that holds me together! Thanks for your post! And for the talk we had the other night (sorry I fell asleep)! I'm so glad you married Derek so we could be sisters! :)

    ReplyDelete