Friday, October 15, 2010

As of lately

Well things have been pretty good over here at the Dawson residence. Camo is getting the whole potty training thing down pretty good. The only time he has accidents now is if I don't wake up when he's whining in the morning to take him out. So that would be my fault on that one. It's nice that he's finally getting it down though. We can usually tell when he needs to go in a few ways. 1. he tries to sneak away, 2. when we're holding him and he absolutely won't stop wiggling and moving around, 3. he runs to the back door and stares at us. Sometimes though, it is hard to tell if he needs to go. Yorkies area always sniffing.... always, so it's hard to tell if he's sniffing around b/c of the breed he is, or b/c he really actually does have to go to the bathroom. Also, he is getting to the point where he will go play alone sometimes, so he'll run in the other room and then i follow him b/c i'm afraid he's sneaking away. We'll get it though!!! It's good b/c I can tell he's catching onto the concept. Something we're trying is we take his paws and make him scratch the door so he'll be trained to make noise so we can hear when he needs to go. Another thing is we reward him with hot dogs when he goes outside. And.... we have been trying to kennel train him. It will be super good for him in the end, but I always feel like such a jerk when I put him in there. He's been doing super good with everything though. He is a really good dog!
Work wise something that is new is I got promoted at my job as the Assistant Clinic Administrator. Basically I have more responsibilities and more access to things on the computer. I still have to ok things through the Clinic Administrator first, but whenever she is gone, I call the shots and make big decisions for the company. So far it hasn't been TOO bad, but it's always kind of overwhelming having more responsibility and having to learn a bunch more. It's pretty exciting though!! This is my first promotion at any job I've ever had, and I also got a raise, so I definately can't complain there!!!
I also started teaching ballroom yesterday!! I am teaching for Extreme Ballroom, (the company Derek and I danced for in high school). The company just moved to a new studio... and it is the BIGGEST dance studio I have EVER seen!! It's pretty awesome! I teach 4 and 5 year olds. They are the cutest little kids ever!! There is a little tiny girl who isn't even 4 yet. Don't tell anyone.... but she's my favorite!! She is the cutest little thing, I want to take her home with me! That's against the law though... so I guess I can't! She is a head shorter than everyone, has dirty blonde hair and the biggest brown eyes I've ever seen. She rarely makes a peep and always seems to be on the wrong foot. She is adorable when I help her though. She stands up straight and smiles at me and tries super hard until she finally fixes it! Ahh she is such a doll!! I love it!! I'm excited to teach this cute little class and to watch their growth they will make over the year! That's the funnest part about teaching I must say!!
Hmm that's all that's new with me. Derek has been building a HUGE entertainment center for our christmas present. He almost finished though, and he's only been working on it for 2 days. He's incredibly talented!! He just needs to build 2 cupboard doors, and then paint the whole thing. I'll post pictures as soon as he's done! It's pretty awesome that married the most handy man in the world!! I remember thinking it was so cool that men could build things, and I always wondered if my husband would be able to. I got pretty lucky in that department!! I married such a talented young man! I love him to death and I'm so grateful for all of his hard work and for all that he does for me!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Lots going on for you guys! I can't wait to see pics of the entertainment center. Your dance class sounds so cute! Miss you guys! Oh..Tim says "Hi." And he says he is going to call/text you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your puppy is so cute! i LOVED having a puppy.. they are so entertaining!

    ReplyDelete