Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Meet Camo!!!

Ok.... Derek and I caved in and got a cute adorable little tiny PUPPY!!! I've never ever had a dog before so this is big news for me!!! Camo is such a little sweetie!! He's a cuddle bug, and has such a cute little personality. We found him in the newspaper, and we got him from a family in Rigby. As soon as we walked into the house and Camo walked up to me I melted. I picked him up and he nestled his head into my body and snuggled right in. I looked at Derek and told him that I was sold. He was so shy and timid and quiet when we first got him, but he's starting to break out of his shell... almost too much. Perhaps today isn't the day I should be blogging about him, b/c he just had his first accident in OUR house and b/c he's been such a little stinker chewing on random objects... or perhaps I should be blogging about him b/c it will help me not be so frustrated about it.

Camo is 13 weeks old, he's a Yorkie, he is obsessed with feet and shoes, he's playful, he's timid, and he's a cuddle bug. He's also very clingy. It's cute, but at times it can be a bit annoying. He could be dead asleep on the couch, and as soon as I stand up to go get a drink, he's right at my feet following me. This can create a problem at times b/c he gets kicked in the head frequently. It's super easy to back into him b/c he's always RIGHT there. Also, when he is standing next to me, he isn't actually next to me, he stands directly on top of my feet. He hates being alone, and he rarely makes a peep. I've heard him bark twice, and it was more like a grunt. It's a low quiet little bark. He has discovered how to whine though. That can be annoying, hopefully he'll grow out of it soon!

It's hard to train a puppy. Poor Derek has kind of lost his nerves with him today. Camo had 2 accidents today with Derek, and got into everything he wasn't supposed to. Up until these past couple of days he's been the perfect dog, but everyone knows that can't last long!! I can't wait until we're past the phase of puppy training him!! I can't wait until he's potty trained, and until he's ok with having alone time, and until he won't cry at night!! If any of you have any suggestions for us we will gladly take them!!! Otherwise, we will be patient with this whole dog training thing, and have a nice dog in the end of this!!!

Judy Pasley took these cute pictures of Camo playing when we went to visit her!! I'm struggling taking his pictures b/c he moves so dang fast! Judy takes amazing pictures, check out her blog at pasleyphotography.blogspot.com





4 comments:

  1. I think with every dog I've ever had they've been trained via stun gun?? It takes about 2 or 3 actual small stuns and from there on out you just have to show them the stun gun and they get the point. Animal abuse maybe..but it worked in record timing with all of them hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok for some reason I didn't know you had a blog. Or if I knew, I forgot. I'm a space cadet! But I LOVE your new puppy! He's so cute! And I also like the song playing on your blog. I think I will have to go download it!
    We sure miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my friends has a puppy just like that :) he also like(d) feet... until her husband stepped on him one night in the dark.. broke his leg & had to have surgery... i hope this doesnt happen to you!!! and good luck with the training.. todd grew up with dogs, but they were farm dogs so they trained themselves pretty much, and i've never had one, so not much advice from this end :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is cute. Get the puppy pee pads those helped me when I trained my lab puppy. It takes time and patience but it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete